Health Care. Get It.
The first open enrollment period at Maryland Health Connection ended on March 31, 2014. Hundreds of thousands of Marylanders have now gained access to health care coverage through Medicaid or a Qualified Health Plan, many of those with financial assistance. We applaud the hard work of all those who made this possible.
The next open enrollment period is 15 November 2014 to 15 February 2015. Until then, those eligible for Medicaid can continue to enroll. And, others who have a “life-changing” event can enroll through Maryland Health Connection in private insurance.
- March 31, 2014: MHIP Plus program ends.
- December 31, 2014: MHIP Standard program ends.
Have a Question?
- Contact the Maryland Health Connection directly [855-642-8572]
- Contact the Health and Education Advocacy Unit of the Attorney General’s Office [877-261-8807]
- Email the coalition.
Cultural Competency and Health Literacy Webinar
- Sinsi Hernandez-Cancio, Director of Health Equity, Families USA
- Josephine Kalipeni, Senior Field Associate, Families USA
- Bonnie Braun, PhD, Professor, Extension Specialist & Faculty Scholar, Herschel S. Horowitz Center for Health Literacy, University of Maryland School of Public Health
- Michael Franklin, CEO, Atlantic General Hospital
- Alma Roberts, CEO, Baltimore Healthy Start
Consumer Information Update
If you started an application at MarylandHealthConnection.gov by March 31, 2014, but had difficulty enrolling, you may still be eligible to purchase health coverage that begins May 1:
- If you called the 1-800 hotline and registered by March 31, you will receive a call back from a consumer assistance representative who will be able to help you enroll. You can also visit www.MarylandHealthConnection.gov and continue your application to enroll before April 18, 2014.
- If you attempted to enroll online by March 31, but experienced technical issues and were unable to complete your enrollment, you can visit the website to enroll by April 18, 2014. Get help in-person or by phone.
If you did not begin the application process before the March 31 deadline, you may contact the consumer support center at 1-855-642-8572 to find out if you may be eligible for a special enrollment period. Learn More.
New Program: Community Integrated Medical Home (CIMH)
DHMH has requested public comment on its recently submitted State Healthcare Innovation Plan, (SIM) which outlines the updated design and implementation of the Community Integrated Medical Home. Public comments may be submitted to DHMH at marylandSIM@gmail.com by April 15, 2014.
Learn more about the process to date to develop the plan. The plan now reflects Maryland’s new All-Payer Hospital System Modernization project. With the SIM, this represents Maryland's first systematic attempt to integrate the concepts of the Community-Integrated Medical Home with the hospital payment model.
Learn more about Maryland’s payment and delivery system reform initiatives and watch for the Coalition’s comments on the SIM.