Maryland Health Connection. Get Covered.
Open enrollment ends March 31, 2014. To determine eligibility for tax credits and enroll in a health plan go to Maryland Health Connection.
- March 1, 2014: HealthConnectNow Enrollment Fair,
10 am – 5 pm,Baltimore Convention CenterHCAM Enrollment Center, Level 3,1 W. Pratt Street,Baltimore, MD 21201
March 5, 2014:HealthConnectNow Enrollment Fair, Waldorf Jaycees Hall, 2 – 8 pm, 3090 Crain Highway, Waldorf, MD 20601
March 8, 2014: HealthConnectNow Enrollment Fair, Wicomico Youth & Civic Center, 10 am – 2 pm, 500 Glen Avenue, Salisbury, MD 21804
March 9, 2014: HealthConnectNow Enrollment Fair, Harford Co. Library – Bel Air, 1 – 5 pm, 100 E. Pennsylvania Ave, Bel Air, MD 21014
March 15, 2014: HealthConnectNow Enrollment Fair, Healthy Howard/Howard Co. Health Dept., 10 am – 2 pm, Ascend One Building, 8930 Stanford Blvd., Columbia, MD 21045
March 15, 2014: Southern Regional Technology and Recreation Complex, 9 am – 3 pm, 7007 Bock Road, Fort Washington, MD 20744
- March 31, 2014: The end of the first open enrollment period for Qualified Health Plans. After this date there will be a penalty for those eligible but not enrolled. [Note: Medicaid enrollments are on-going throughout the year]
- March 31, 2014: MHIP Plus program ends.
- November 15, 2014 – January 2015: Second enrollment period for Qualified Health Plans.
- December 31, 2014: MHIP Standard program ends.
Spread the Word
Over 4 million people have now signed up for a private health insurance plan through the Federal and State-based Marketplaces since October 1. The Department of Health and Human Services is committed to ensuring that everyone who wants to explore their options and #GetCovered is able to do so -- that's what this social media campaign is all about.
- Join the HHS Thunderclap to be part of a mass tweet to spread the word about the upcoming March 31st enrollment deadline.
Coverage Retroactive to January 1
January 30, 2014 - Governor O’Malley signed a law to provide coverage retroactive to January 1, 2014 through the Maryland Health Insurance Plan (MHIP). The law creates a bridge for individuals who tried to get coverage by January 1st, but were thwarted by technical or other issues at Maryland Health Connection. The plan will be closed to those who do not apply for enrollment by March 31, 2014.
Before Enrolling - Get Prepared
Get all of the information you need before you buy an insurance plan.
- Get the answers - about specific benefit plans, rate scenarios, affordability, and providers.
- Get the answers – for consumers, hospitals and other useful resources.
- Get the answers - for those with unique health needs.
Get Health Care. Need Assistance?
The Maryland Health Benefit Exchange has selected six regional Connector Entities that are to organize partners and services across their region and provide a single point of engagement with the new consumer health marketplace, the Maryland Health Connection. Find one near you.
• Capital Region (Includes Montgomery and Prince George's Counties)
• Central Region (Includes Baltimore City, Baltimore County and Anne Arundel County)
• Lower Eastern Shore Region (Includes Somerset, Wicomico and Worcester Counties)
• Western Region (Includes Allegany, Carroll, Frederick, Garrett, Howard and Washington Counties)
• Upper Eastern Shore Region (Includes) Harford, Cecil, Kent, Queen Anne’s, Talbot, Caroline, and Dorchester Counties)
• Southern Region (Includes Calvert, Charles and St. Mary's Counties)
Information for Consumers on Initial Invoicing
View information from Maryland Health Connection on initial invoicing by Qualified Health Plan carriers.
Questions? Get support through Maryland Health Connection.
If you enrolled in a Qualified Health Plan of your choice by January 15, 2014 and pay by February 15, your coverage will be retroactive to February 1, 2014.
This extended payment deadline will continue for enrollments throuth3/15/14 which means that if you have enrolled by 3/15/14 you have until 4/15/14 to pay and your coverage will be retroactive to 3/1/14.
Report a Problem
Every consumer should have a great experience at Maryland Health Connection. If you have a problem:
- Contact the Maryland Health Connection directly [855-642-8572].
- Email the coalition.
- Sign up for our newsletter and stay informed with regular health care updates.