Maryland Health Connection. Get Covered.
Maryland Health Connection opened on October 1. Not all has gone smoothly since then, but resources are being dedicated to improving the consumer experience. The clock is now ticking towards January 1, 2014 when new insurance plans and benefits take effect.
Discover Maryland Health Connection. Due to the current problems consumers may want to contact their region's Connector Entity (list below). We will keep you updated on progress in resolving the problems.
Before Enrolling - Get Prepared - view information on insurance plan benefits and rate scenarios.
Learn More about Eligibility and Enrollment.
Got a Question? Get the Answer from Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation FAQ
Information for Consumers on Initial Invoicing
- View information from Maryland Health Connection on initial invoicing by Qualified Health Plan carriers.
- Questions? Get support through Maryland Health Connection.
- Don't Forget: Payments are due by December 23rd to ensure that you are covered in January!
Health Insurance Insurance Advisory
The Maryland Insurance Administration (MIA) has issued a Consumer Advisory for people receiving notices from their insurance companies asking to renew policies before the anniversary date. Some insurance companies and HMOs are urging early renewal to avoid new consumer protections in the Affordable Care Act that take effect in January.
- If you have received such a letter, please visit the MIA's Website for information.
- View the bulletin to health insurance carriers clarifying that Maryland law permits early renewal of existing health benefit plans.
Get Health Care. Need Assistance?
The Maryland Health Benefit Exchange has selected six regional Connector Entities that are to organize partners and services across their region and provide a single point of engagement with the new consumer health marketplace, the Maryland Health Connection. Find one near you.
- Capital Region (Includes Montgomery and Prince George's Counties)
- Central Region (Includes Baltimore City, Baltimore County and Anne Arundel County)
- Lower Eastern Shore Region (Includes Somerset, Wicomico and Worcester Counties)
- Western Region (Includes Allegany, Carroll, Frederick, Garrett, Howard and Washington Counties)
- Upper Eastern Shore Region (Includes) Harford, Cecil, Kent, Queen Anne’s, Talbot, Caroline, and Dorchester Counties)
- Southern Region (Includes Calvert, Charles and St. Mary's Counties)
Report a Problem
We want to be sure that every consumer has a great experience at Maryland Health Connection and gets the assistance they need. Help us make sure that that is the case. Contact us if you, or someone you know, has a problem. We will share that information with those who have worked so hard to make sure that every Marylander has the health care they need and deserve.
With health care reform have come examples of consumer fraud. Read the Attorney General's Press Release. Learn more and contact the Health Education and Advocacy Unit at 410-528-1840 and 1-877-261-8807 if you are the target of fraud or know someone who is.
Women Helping Women Get Covered
- Join the Women 4 Health Care community to learn how to find and understand the affordable new health insurance options available through the health insurance law.
- The National Women's Law Center's - What Women need to Know about Health Care Enrollment has lots of great information for women all over the US and in all sorts of different situations. Check it out.
- Mothers and Grandmothers - Reach Out to the young adults you love.
- Learn more about Women and Health Care Coverage on our Health Care. Maryland Gets It. page.
Keeping Members and the Public Informed
Maryland’s health care reform efforts can only succeed if we all stay informed and engaged.
Did you miss...
- The conference Health Care Reform and NonProfits: A New Prescription? Don't worry, you can find the terrific presentations and resources here. And, contact us if you want to plan a similar conference for your county.
- Our Webinars Cultural Compentency and Health Literacy (Now two in the series!) or ACA101? Find the presentations, speaker bios, and audio recordings here.
Do you know...
- How the ACA is benefiting Marylanders right now?
- What the new National Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) Standards are? Learn more. These help guide health professionals and organizations in their delivery of culturally respectful and linguistically responsive care and have been broadened to, including race, ethnicity, language, spirituality, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
- We will help you coordinate informational programs for your organization, provide materials or speakers. See a presentation or Contact us.
Important information for our Gmail Users
If you use Gmail, you likely noticed the new “multi tab” structure across the top. This means some important newsletters that you've signed up for (like MDCHCR!) may be dropping in the “Promotions” tab instead of the “Primary” tab. Don't miss another newsletter from an orginization you care about. For a tutorial on how to set your gmail preferences click here.
Let Us Know What You Think
- Join us on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
- Tell us how we are doing either on Facebook or by email. Really, we need to know!
- Let us know what information you need and how we can help you.
The Coalition is commited to working with our members across Maryland and with our national partners, including RaisingWomen's Voices and the National Women's Health Network. Contact our Health Policy Analyst and Project Coordinator Sandy Kick to learn more or contact Zenobia Taylor-Weiss, our Outreach and Education Coordinator, to tell us how we are doing.
We look forward to working with our members and we need your help:
- If you are not a member of the Coalition, join now.
- Follow the Coalition on Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter.
- Give us your ideas - post your comments on Facebook or email them to us.
- You can support the Coalition and health care reform by getting one of the Coalition's new signature bags. Order it now for just $15, or buy it at one of our upcoming forums.